Benefits of Choosing Herman & Wilkinson
When you sell through Herman & Wilkinson, you are selling through the busiest Auction Rooms in Ireland, where we sell over 50,000 lots every year. We offer you the largest choice with all categories of Auction including Departments such as:
- Weekly House Contents Auction
- Swan Hall Fine Art Auction
- Jewellery Auction
- Rug Auction
- Coin Auction
- Onsite Private House and Estate Auctions
- Onsite Commercial Auctions (Hotels, Restaurants, Bars)
We will arrange by mutual appointment for one of our Auctioneers to call and inspect your items, and after discussion will place the collection in an appropriate auction. Depending on the type of valuation and goods, valuations with a view to sale carry no charge. Our inspection service is countrywide, as is our Auction Service. Collection of items for sale is arranged at a mutually agreeable time by independent carriers on a Friday or Monday. If you have problems clearing house contents, call us first, before you start throwing items out, you would be surprised how many items of value are disposed of before our arrival.
We ensure all clients receive prompt payment for all lots sold, we pay approximately 3 to 4 weeks after the date of sale, and we pay all clients via bank transfer.
Note to Sellers
- Please provide a signed and completed vendor agreement with every consignment
- Bank details must be provided in order for you to receive payment
- Lots are made at the descression of our valuers and can differ from the list provided on the vendor agreement
- Our competitive commission is 20% plus VAT (on commission only)
Depending on the type of auction payment times may vary
All individual clients (Buyers and Sellers) are obligated to provide us with a valid form of identification, in order to transact with Herman & Wilkinson. We will be unable to transact with you if this is not provided. These changes are arising from legislation regarding the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) (Amendment) Act 2018, which also amended the Criminal Justice Act 2013 and the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010. If you are a company, partnership, trust or executor please enquire in relation to what is needed to transact with us.